Deerhound

A passionate little blog started by a deerhound dog in Scotland called Rogue ‘Brylach’ MacAllister then Passed to Rascal ‘Logan’ Dorrator Heath and now picked up by Rebel Borrodhail 'Muirfinn' and Rocket Borrodhail 'Frode'.

Monday, October 16, 2006

Poetry and the Deerhound















The wonder of we hounds has to be finding what the human companion writes of us. Here I reproduce a poem penned by a true admirer indeed and published in several locations on the Internet. Who was the author? . . . let the Rogue know.

MY HEART BELONGS TO A SCOTTISH DEERHOUND

The "royal dog of Scotland"-
Prized for its grace and speed,
The beautiful
Scottish Deerhound-
Is a fearless breed indeed.

Intelligent, calm and gentle,
A dog with a heart of pure gold,
With enormous size and energy-
This breed is a joy to behold!

I could search the whole world over,
But no truer friend would be found-
Than the one I see
Looking up at me-
My wonderful Scottish Deerhound.


Author unknown

1 Comments:

Anonymous Anonymous said...

Sorry, wish I knew, it's very touching. A true description of this breed a most perfect creature of heaven.

12:46 pm  

Post a Comment

<< Home